Columbia Auto Parts, Inc. has been a leader in the automotive recycling industry since 1969. We are committed to providing you, our customer, with the finest quality merchandise and service. A great deal of pride and attention is devoted to the purchasing, dismantling, cleaning, and testing of all our parts to assure your satisfaction and driving pleasure. If, however, a problem should occur, the following conditions apply.
certificate of limited warranty
- CAP, warranty (at its option) provides only for replacement of defective part with an identical or similar part, or refund the original purchase price. Our liability from all causes is limited to sale price of the goods we furnish.
- WARRANTY, When no guarantee period is specified, part is sold as is and without any guarantee expressed or implied.
- WARRANTY IS VOID WITHOUT THIS INVOICE. WARRANTY BEGINS ON THE DATE OF PURCHASE.
- All engines are warranted against cracked cylinder blocks or heads, bad cam or crankshaft, excessive oil consumption. Engines are warranted to be in good running order unless otherwise stated.
- All engines must have new oil and filter installed upon installation and every 3,000 miles thereafter. Proof of service and mileage will be required.
- Installation of engine required tune-up including, but not limited to, timing belt, plugs, ignition wires, etc.
- Engines are left as complete as possible for the convenience of the installer. This warranty does not cover attached items and accessories such as, but not limited to, water pump, fuel pump, carburetor, distributor, etc.
- Vehicles which have CAP engines or transmissions installed must have proper cooling capacity and cooling system must be in good condition. Proper oil and coolant levels must be maintained at all times. WARRANTY IS VOID IF HEAT TABS ARE MELTED OR REMOVED.
- Transmissions are warranted to be in good, working order including slippage or shifting failures or bearing noise. Shearing or breaking of teeth in standard transmissions is NOT warranted under any circumstances.
- Transmissions must have new seals, new fluid, and filters installed at time of installation into vehicle. All fluid lines and reservoirs must be flushed prior to installation.
- Oil seals and gaskets are not warranted.
- Defective engines or transmissions must remain installed in vehicle until an authorized CAP agent confirms defect.
- All warranty work done by a CAP authorized shop, or permission to do work must be given by an authorized CAP agent.
- All warranty claims must be presented to an authorized agent of CAP within warranty specified period for this warranty to be valid.
- All implied warranties are limited to the terms of this limited warranty. Consequential or incidental damages are not covered under this warranty.
- Warranties on any item sold shall be effective only for the duration of the express warranties contained herein and upon conclusion of the expressed warranties herein, there shall be no warranties expressed or implied, including merchantability and fitness for use on the item sold.
- This warranty is not transferrable and does not cover damage if parts are in use in connection with racing purposes or vehicles with racing equipment, 4-wheel drive vehicles, high performance vehicles, or damage by accident or misuse.
- IMPROPER INSTALLATION, ALTERING, OR DIASSEMBLING PARTS WILL VOID WARRANTY.
- There will be a 25% handling charge on all non-defective return items. All deposits left after 30 days will be forfeited and used as a handling fee.
- No cores accepted after 15 days. Incomplete or non-rebuildable cores are not acceptable for credit.
- CAP does not assume responsibility for towing charges, layup time, telephone, loss due to down-time, cost of lodging, cost of vehicle use, transportation, car or truck rental, or inconvenience.
- Any exception to this warranty will appear on the face of the invoice.
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS:
Refunds will be allowed for undamaged parts returned within ten (10) days. Parts returned after ten (10) days may only be exchanged for other parts or for credit on a future purchase. No refunds or exchanges without original invoice. Refund of purchases paid by check will be delayed up to 14 business days or until the check has cleared.
Columbia Auto Parts
Mon - Fri: 8AM - 5PM